Clinical Psychology Support Service (CPSS)
At Pathways, we strive to address the widespread educational, personal and societal issues arising from dyslexia.
Our Clinical Psychology Support Service (CPSS) provides professional support to parents and children, including assessments and counselling by qualified clinical psychologists for students with dyslexia .
- Assess students’ condition of dyslexia
- Follow-up assessment for students with change in age and need
Primary (aged 6 years and 1 month or above) and junior secondary students
*Case by case arrangement is needed for senior secondary students
- Intake interview with parents
- Intelligence test
- Administration of The Hong Kong Test of Specific Learning Difficulties in Reading and Writing / Other tests for special learning difficulties
- Written report and verbal briefing with parents
Depending on students’ needs, the following additional services are provided for students after they have completed the above package:
- Additional cognitive and learning evaluations related to special learning difficulties
- Assessment for co-existing behavioral or emotional issues
- Other follow-up consultations
Target: Students and/or parents
To meet the needs of individual families, we can also provide assessments and psychological counselling services provided by registered clinical psychologists.
If you are in need of our CPSS service, please call 3105 2311 to make an appointment.
Educational Psychology Support Service (EPSS)
Pathways strongly believes that early identification and early intervention for children with dyslexia can help to increase training effectiveness.
We offer parents with assessment and counselling services, conducted by experienced educational psychologists.
- Use of the latest version of standardized assessment tools for cognitive and dyslexia early identification assessment
- Provision of counselling services in response to areas such as how students receive support from school, home-school communication, and other learning issues
Assessment for Preschool Children
(Target: studying in K2/K3, aged above 4 years and 3 months)
- Interview with parents
- Cognitive ability assessment
- Early identification assessment of dyslexia
- Assessment summary with verbal briefing
Counselling Service for Preschool Children and School Children
- Our educational psychologists provide professional counselling service that mainly help to address issues on how to work with schools in dealing with learning difficulties
If you are in need of our EPSS service, please call 3105 2311 for appointment.
Kindergarten & Primary Screening Service (KPSS)
- Identify schoolchildren with a tendency to dyslexia by screening tests.
- Based on the test results, provide suggestions on appropriate support services for schoolchildren and parents.
About 45 minutes
Preschool and primary school children aged 4 or above suspected of having dyslexia
Why do we need to conduct kindergarten & primary screening service?
It is a long time to wait for a dyslexia assessment at the government or school, the screening service provided by Pathways will help parents to understand their children’s literacy problems during the waiting period and provide early support.
After completing the screening test, why do we still need to undergo a comprehensive assessment?
Screening test results reflect the dyslexia tendency of schoolchildren, not the same as diagnosis. Parents who apply to the schools for learning support and services, proof of dyslexia diagnosis must still be submitted. Parents may consider discussing with teachers and social workers for receiving a comprehensive assessment at school, they can also let their child to receive assessment in private service agency. Our Clinical or Educational Psychology Support Service provide assessment and can be arranged within one month.
(in Chinese only)
If you are in need of our KPSS service, please call 2870 1377 for an appointment.